Saturday, October 04, 2008

Intermittent Confusion

Well, what a terrible pun, if I say so myself. I guess that's one thing I do enjoy, though, is naming the titles of my blog posts, just about as much as I enjoy writing the posts. Some sort of pun or witty (hah) dimension, hopefully, to be achieved each time. Well, from now on, I guess.

Anyhow, there was a sense of confusion as the map reset came and went, and a feeling of still being in intermission has plagued both sides, it seems, all morning. I've not heard the amount of "Is it intermission?" questions as I have today! I can assure everyone, it is most certainly not intermission, it's game on! And so it is!

After a campaign such as the last one, and the shock GHC actions this morning (Australian time here people), one would not expect the Axis to be in high spirits at all. Yet, they pushed hard, they moved quickly and swiftly, and showed experience in map movements, a very promising sign that the Axis are well on their way to recovering. It is from the perspective of a WWIIOL'er that we can all appreciate the importance of having both sides 'fighting fit' and able to provide endless hours of entertainment, so here's to a strong and healthy game.

The battles were a tonne of fun, as we fought tooth and nail to stop the Axis moving in, or around, and to take ground ourselves. While a little shaky to begin with, the line became solid and the battles tougher. It was good to see people online, but I did notice there were not nearly as many as one would think a map restart would attract. This is no doubt due to the intermittent confusion; after all, is it intermission?!

So as I take a break, after just over four hours online and assisting in running things, after paratrooper drops, tank missions, from the Northern-most parts of the map to the Southern-most, I think I'll take a few minutes to reflect on the amazing aspects of this game. The fact that players really can, and do, actively control the direction of the in game world. The fact you can walk from one side to another if you chose, can fight people in a variety of scenarios, in a myriad of towns and locations across Europe, in a somewhat realistic situation. A game like no other; certainly.

I'll see you all online, hopefully, and know that I'll be putting in some more hours tonight, and most likely some more blogging time!

No comments: